Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bountiful...

For the first time in a long time I have wonderful garden space and I'm having a blast with it. It is such a pleasure to come home at the end of the work day and see what goodies there are in the garden to harvest for dinner> usually more than squirrel and I can manage eating on ourown.

For weeks the snow peas have been going off. I pick them almost daily and they're still out of hand. Then there are the zucchinis... I need not say how abundant they are. But my pride and joy right now are the french beans I've been harvesting from just the 3 bushes that came up by seed and the sunflowers that I planted by seed as well. With all the warm weather we've been enjoying the last two weeks our sun gold tomatoes are actually turning gold and I'm sure they will be out of hand in a week or two.

Even with our wonderful garden I still can't resist visiting the farmer's market on Saturdays. I was there at the very end of the market today and couldn't resist buying a lug of ripe, organic tomatoes for just $10. I plan on canning the majority of them and giving away any left overs. What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment