Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's not 2010 anymore...

so will I or will I not continue this blog?  The year will tell.

Why did my blogging fall short last year?  I believe I know.  Heartbreak followed by working on my thesis, followed by falling in love, followed by being in love and finally defending and finishing my thesis.  Mainly it was thesis.  I spent way too many hours on my computer last year doing research and writing to want to spend more time blogging.

Once my thesis was submitted at the end of last year my brain began expanding in many directions.  For the first time in a long time I have time to research and learn about topics other than my thesis.  This has been exhilarating and overwhelming all at once.  My brain wants to catch up on all the many things that I haven't been able to give my attention to for the last 4-5 years, only those years are gone and I can only move forward.  I must have more patience with myself and stay focused on a few topics rather than being scattered over the many topics that I have an interest in.

I must take advantage the time that I have right now in my life to learn as much as possible in preparation for times when I may not have so much free time.  It's time to organize, learn, and establish healthy and environmentally conscious habits that will be useful in my life journey (more insight to what this means in upcoming blogs).

Oh, and I need to practice my guitar more, take another ceramics class, learn more about green building, learn about beekeeping, research my latest business idea, practice more yoga, learn to collect seaweeds, learn to make sprouted bread, sprout more often, design an expanded garden, create a better nighttime routine, meditate daily, be better at planning weekly meal plans, learn how to raise goats, make my own soap?, communicate with aliens > not... just checking to see if you're actually still reading this.  Oh yeah, patience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment