Saturday, September 23, 2006

If I had a blog it would say...

My friend Fuego recently asked to read my blog knowing all too well such a thing did not exist. I gave it some thought and concluded it would be yet another way to challenge my brother to use his blog. The following was my reply and thus official first blog I suppose.

I think it must be revival week because the church directly across the street from my house has been very active, and that's saying a lot considering it already seems they're there everyday of the week, but this week they really are. It started off with everyone attending church on Sunday dressed as mobsters for some reason. Then they were back Monday night, doors and windows wide open while the band blasted with lots of hallelujahs and praise the lord Jesus Christ. Tuesday night, a turn for the worse. No clapping. No band. No hallelujahs. Just the preacher preachin. I swear those church goers were in big trouble according to him. It sounded as if they were all going to hell if they didn't shape up soon and this was only Tuesday. The damnation you're all going to hell seems to be progressing through the week. Tonight (Thursday) the preacher sounds scarier than ever with the increasing raspiness of his voice from preachin every night. I think I might even be going to hell at this point. The one constant is that around 10pm they all come out which means the church kids screaming at the top of their lungs for 20 minutes. These kids don't have normal speaking voices as far as I can tell. They only speak at high decibel levels, I suppose to make sure God can hear them....

amen

1 comment:

  1. I am so stoked! Yay! Nice post by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete