Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I gave in...

I've been avoiding Crocs for a long time now. Not only are they kind of ugly but they're completely made of plastic. Yuck! Then I thought about my shoes... Chacos > plastic/rubber. Boots > leather. Flip flops > synthetic foam stuff. All of my shoes are killing the earth so why not one more pair? Bad theory eh? But where are the eco-groovy shoes that actually last longer than a year and are comfortable? Do tell.



In the mean time I'm in love with my Crocs. As seen posing with wildflowers and the Smith River on my return home from Portland.

3 comments:

  1. They are NOT plastic. See their website: www.crocs.com

    Crocs Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not plastic? But I bet the ones in Thailand are. Anyway... don't they smell really bad? My Tevas smelled sooooo bad, and I couldn't get the smell out (and I am not a stinky footed person, particularly)... Crocs just LOOK smelly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike Tevas or Chacos, Crocs are anti microbial and seem to breathe much better as well. Thus, no odor! Crocs really do rock!

    ReplyDelete