Sunday, August 12, 2007

A hidden bridge...

Today I awoke to the warmth of the sun shining down upon the little town of Arcata. The air was still and blue skies stretched out to the coast. The perfect Sunday morning for a bike ride in the country.

I rode out to Bayside where I know of a covered bridge. The bridge is located on a dead end street and was a chance discovery about a year ago. The last two times I visited I witnessed a gray fox with her pups meandering about the stream below. Today I watched two young deer feeding and resting in a nearby field. I also found the plumpest of blackberries to give me a little sugar for the ride back home.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I were there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote, "two young dear...".

    That's two young deEr, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fred! You are a blog spell check angel.

    ReplyDelete