Thursday, August 16, 2007

Next on the list...

Picture this: a small room filled to the brim with ~60 white chairs, south and west walls are full windows; the windows are overlooking coastal bluffs, a lazy ocean and a setting sun. (Photo on left is taken from just outside the room)

This was the setting of the Dar Williams concert I attended not 24 hours ago in Little River, CA. Intimate, beautiful and better than I had anticipated. Dar has been on my list of "must see before I die" musicians for years. She rarely tours, and if she does it's usually on the east coast. I by chance found out about this little show from Fuego. Thank you Fuego! Dar played two long sets, played every song I was hoping to hear, and delighted the crowd with her candor, wit and impressive knowledge of recycling.

After crossing Dar off the list I was unsure if there was anyone left. I've been blessed to see many talented performers (i.e. Billy Joel, Greg Brown, Kris Delmhorst, Peter Mulvey, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor). My brain blanked for a few minutes when Sara Harmer jumped into the lead. I was super close to seeing her last year but couldn't bear to fork out $30 bucks only to see her open for someone. Oh, and I still haven't seen Lyle Lovett.

No comments:

Post a Comment