Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coffee inspires...

I ran into an old buddy, Stevo, whom I used to work with way back during my days at Muddy Waters in the Depot at HSU. I remembered a poem he had written for me and a co-worker and had to dig it out for remembrance sake.

Juta + Emily

Held in slender hands
Steaming morning ritual
Bright smiles awaken
Returned by java ladies
Movements precise, perfect
Coy caffeine concert
Bright cheerful greetings
Enhance coffee's warmth
Making morning's tog
A little less gloomy

(October 19, 2000) >> Now that makes me feel old! I swear it was just yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Awww.. the good ol'days of working at Muddy Waters. Oddly enough, I actually miss that job. So much fun serving coffee to our friends, and supporting our own coffee addiction. Not to mention, that was how we became friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... it could have been your name in the title of the poem, only you never had to open at 6:30am :)

    Of course you were a great beer server in the afternoons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the next year that I had to open at 6:30am... ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete