Thursday, November 22, 2007

Couchsurfing...


I was recently introduced to a new and rapidly growing online forum > www.couchsurfing.com by my friend Tree.

As my friend Fuego put it, "It's like Myspace for treehuggers." Basically, people of all ages all across the world have profiles similar to Myspace. The website offers you the opportunity to have someone "surf" your couch (stay at your place) or you could just offer to meet someone for a coffee or show them around your area. The website is set up to be as safe as possible with different levels of verifications and references shown on your profile.

Within a week of signing up I've had 5 requests to surf my couch. I just finished hosting two great people, one from South Africa and one from Wales. Since I don't have the time or money to travel right now it was great having cultures come to me. I never realized how little I know about Wales!

So far it's been an amazing experience!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    I want to come and "surf" on your couch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make a trip to Wales be sure to visit the BRAINS brewery. YUMMY. Bring some back to me!

    ReplyDelete