Sunday, October 08, 2006

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Today I went to a class on Sufism. It involved singing, dancing, hand holding, hugging, and lots of love. It's probably the most "hippie" thing I've participated in to date and I had a great time. I would definitley recommend it to anyone to try at least once. It's NOT a religion, and welcomes all religions of the world (at least that is the practice of the local Sufi group).

What is Sufism you ask? I'm still not completely sure. Google Sufism and you'll find a different answer on each Sufi website. But like most things in my life I embrace the parts that I like.

Side effects of participating in Sufism are: happiness, laughter, feeling joy to be alive, loss of ego, guilt and worry, and getting repative songs stuck in your head.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:28 AM

    Uh... ewwwww?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:28 AM

    I believe you are correct... it doesn't sound like a religion. It sounds like a CULT!

    ReplyDelete