Friday, October 13, 2006

harvest time...

Yes, there are many folks behind the redwood curtain that are very excited this time of year. I mean very excited to harvest their crop. Then there are the orgainc farmers who are quite happy with their crops- not quite as excited. Well, the second group of farmers are my favorite. Even though I live in an often coldish and foggy climate, there are many great farmers residing just beyond the fog belt that are nice enough to deliver their farm fresh organic goods at many local farmers markets throughout the week. I've been indulging all summer and it's all winding down with a bang of melons, peppers, corn, and grapes.

Last weekend I made a big pot of my tortillaless tortilla soup with lots of fresh veggies. A favorite of close friends and roomies. For dessert, the cutest ever cantelope. Tonight I dabble with jalapeno peppers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could be there to enjoy your wonderful cooking! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete